Damson Day Competition 2019
Kindly sponsored by The Hare and Hounds, Bowland Bridge
Details for 2020 to be confirmed shortly!
1) 1lb Jar of Damson Jam
2) Bottle of Damson Gin or Liqueur
3) Bottle of Damson Wine
4) A Jar of any Damson Preserve
5) A Damson Brownie
6) Photography Class – ‘That’s Lyth’ (Life in the Valley) – the photograph can be black and white or colour, must not exceed 10”x 8”, and should have been taken by the entrant within the last three years.
7) Art Class - ‘Damsons in Westmorland’ a painting in any medium, still life/landscape, size must not exceed 16.5”x 12” (not including mount)
The WDA Damson Competition cup will be awarded to the entrant with the most points in categories 1 – 7.
8) A Plate of Damson Jam Tarts
9) Photo of an animal living in the Lyth Valley, must not exceed 10” x 8”
10) Drawing of a Damson Superhero! – Winner of this category will be printed on next years show catalogue
11) An Edible Necklace
12) A Decorated Hat
Children’s Classes are categorised into: * Pre-school * 4-6 years * 7-11years * 12-16years.
This year there will be a junior cup awarded to the entrant with the most points in categories 8 – 12
Please attach name and age of child to the back of the exhibit
Submitting your entries
Competition entries can be dropped off at Crosthwaite Primary School on Friday 29th March OR Friday 12th April between 10am & 12pm, or between 10am and 11am on Saturday 13th April at the Damson Competition Tent (please note, an admission fee will be charged for entry to Damson Day).
The competition is open to individual amateurs.
Only 1 entry per person per class.
Judging will take place between 11.30am and 1.00pm on Damson day. The Damson Competition Tent will be open to the public from 1.30pm, the results will be announced at 2.30pm. Competition entries must be collected from the Damson Competition Tent between 4.00 and 4.30pm